SANYO DENKI Develops SANUPS A11K-Li Online UPS with Li-ion Batteries
Available in 1.5 and 3 kVA output capacities
November 13, 2019
SANYO DENKI CO., LTD. has developed and launched 19-minute backup models for the SANUPS A11K-Li double conversion online UPS with lithium-ion batteries.
It is available in output capacities of 1.5 and 3 kVA. It is suitable for providing backup power to virtualization platforms(1) and data centers that require long shutdown times.
1.5 kVA (2U)
3 kVA (4U)
1. Industry’s Widest Operating Temperature Range
The operating temperature range is from -20 to +55°C, which is the widest in the industry.(2)
This UPS can be used with confidence even in harsh cold or hot environments.
The heights of the 1.5 kVA and 3 kVA models are 2U (86 mm) and 4U (175 mm), respectively.
They are smaller than the UPSs with lead-acid batteries, saving rack space.
3. Long Service Life
This UPS uses lithium-ion batteries, and the expected battery life is approximately twice as long as our conventional UPS(3) that uses lead-acid batteries.
It can operate for 10 years without battery replacement,(4) reducing the maintenance work and costs.
(1) Virtualization platform: A platform for running multiple virtual operating systems on a single physical server, which can reduce server costs. It includes hyper-converged infrastructures (HCI) which integrate and centrally manage server and storage functions.
(2) Based on our own research as of November 13, 2019, conducted among UPSs on the market with the same topology, voltage, capacity, and backup time.
(3) Conventional UPS: A11K (with lead-acid batteries).
(4) Assuming 10 power outages per year and 30°C ambient temperature.
|Rated output capacity||1.5 kVA||3 kVA|
|UPS topology||Double conversion online|
|AC input/output||Rated frequency||50/60 Hz (auto-sensing)|
|No. of phases/wires||Single-phase 2-wire|
|Rated voltage||100/110/120 V|
|Load power factor||0.8 (lagging)|
|Backup time*||19 min|
|Operating environment||Temperature: -20 to +55°C
Humidity: 10 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
* At 25°C ambient temperature, 0.8 load power factor, using new, fully charged batteries.
Virtualization platforms (HCI and virtualization systems), data centers
November 13, 2019
Note: The information stated in this release is current as of November 13, 2019.
"SANUPS" is a trademark of SANYO DENKI CO., LTD.