SANYO DENKI Develops SANUPS E11B-Li Hybrid UPS and
SANUPS A11M-Li Online UPS with Li-ion Batteries
December 15, 2020
SANYO DENKI CO., LTD. has developed and released two UPS series that use lithium-ion batteries: the SANUPS E11B-Li hybrid UPS and the SANUPS A11M-Li parallel redundant, double conversion online UPS.
Among UPSs with equivalent specifications, these are the first in the industry to use lithium-ion batteries.(1)
1. Long Life
These UPSs use lithium-ion batteries. and the expected battery life is approximately twice as long as our conventional UPS(2) that uses lead-acid batteries.
They can operate for 10 years without battery replacement,(3) reducing the maintenance work and costs.
2. Achieves Both High-Quality Power Supply and Energy Saving
SANUPS E11B-Li features the hybrid(4) UPS topology.
The UPS automatically selects the optimal mode of operation for any given input power conditions. It achieves energy savings while providing high-quality power to loads when needed.
3. High Reliability
By combining 1 kVA UPS units, the output capacity of SANUPS A11M-Li can be scalable up to 8 kVA. Parallel redundancy can be configured by using one unit as a spare unit, delivering highly reliable and stable power supply to loads.
4. Wide Operating Temperature Range
The operating temperature range is -10 to +55°C.
This provides the product with a higher degree of freedom of installation, allowing it to be installed in locations with large temperature differences.
(1) Based on our own research as of December 15, 2020, conducted among UPSs on the market with the same topology, voltage, capacity, and backup time.
(2) Conventional products: E11B (With lead-acid batteries) and A11M (With lead-acid batteries)
(3) Assuming 10 power outages per year and 30°C ambient temperature.
(4) A UPS design that automatically switches the double conversion and standby topologies according to the input power conditions.
|Topology||Hybrid||Double conversion online|
|Rated output capacity||1 kVA||1.5 kVA(1)||2 kVA||2 to 8 kVA
(In parallel redundancy: 1 to 7 kVA)
|AC input||Voltage range||100 V models: 55 to 150 V
200 V models: 110 to 300 V
|Number of phases/wires||Single-phase 2-wire|
|Frequency range||40 to 120 Hz|
|AC output||Rated voltage||100 V models: 100/110/115/120 V
200 V models: 200/208/220/230/240 V
|Voltage regulation||Within ±2% of rated voltage||Within ±5% of rated voltage|
|Load power factor||0.8 (lagging)|
|Backup time(2)||4 min|
|Operating environment||Ambient temperature: -10 to +55°C
Humidity: 10 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
(1) Only 100 V models available for 1.5 kVA output capacity)
(2) At a 25ºC ambient temperature and load power factor of 0.8, using new, fully charged batteries.
Servers, communication equipment, medical equipment, and factory facilities
February 1, 2021
The information stated in this release is current as of December 15, 2020.
"SANUPS" is a trademark of SANYO DENKI CO., LTD.