SANYO DENKI (H.K.) CO., LTD. (hereinafter referred to as “our company”) shall handle personal information appropriately in accordance with this Personal Information Protection Policy, which is based on the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPO”) .
|1. Name of the Company Handling Personal Information|
SANYO DENKI (H.K.) CO., LTD.
|2．Compliance with Relevant Laws and Guidelines|
Our company shall comply with the PDPO and related laws, regulations and guidelines.
|3．Purpose of Usage|
Our company shall use personal information for purposes within the following range.
(1) Customer-related Personal Information
1. processing requests and fulfilling contracts
(2) Shareholder-related Personal Information
1. exercising our rights and obligations under the Companies Act
(3) Job Applicants' (incl. Prospective Hires'), and Internship Applicants' Personal Information
1. contacting people about recruiting activities and internships
(4) Employees' Personal Information (incl. information about their family or persons given as emergency contacts)
1. labor management
(5) Information About Retirees
1. contacting the person or their family regarding post-retirement procedures and social activities
(6) Personal Information About Participants / Members of Affiliated or Related Organizations
communicating about collaborating on work operations, providing information, receiving and distributing materials, etc.
(7) Personal Information on Those Who Gave Answers to Questions or Comments
1. giving answers or opinions in response to necessary surveys or questions
(8) Information About Visitors and Those Captured On Our Company's Security Cameras
measures necessary for maintaining safety and crime prevention at our facilities
|4．Providing Personal Information|
(1) Our company shall not provide someone's personal information in its possession to third parties, except in the following circumstances.
1. the person has given their consent
(2) Our company may share personal information with other companies within our group of companies for purposes within a certain range of use. In such cases our company shall take responsibility for the management of the personal information.
|5．Safety Management-related Measures|
Our company shall take appropriate security management measures to prevent the leaking, loss or damage of personal information. Also, employees and contractors who handle personal information shall be properly supervised.
|6．The Disclosure of Personal Information, Notifications About its Usage, Corrections, Halting Its Usage, and Deletions (hereinafter referred to as “Disclosures”, etc.)|
(1) Individuals (or their proxies) have the right to makes requests about the disclosure of their personal information, send notifications about its usage, make corrections to it, halt its usage and have it deleted (hereinafter referred to as “disclosure”), and our company shall respond promptly without objection. However, this does not apply to disclosures, etc. requested under the following circumstances.
1. it would risk harming the life, body, property, or the rights and interests of the person or a third party
(2) To prevent the aforementioned personal information from being leaked or rewritten by others, it is to be confirmed that the disclosure request is actually being made by the person concerned (or their proxy). Personal information shall only be disclosed after confirmation has been made.
(3) In regards to the personal information held by our company, applications to be notified about the purpose of its usage, disclosure, additions / corrections / deletions, halting its usage, remove, or suspend the supplying of it to third parties, will be accepted as follows.
<How to Apply>
For disclosure of personal information, please submit a letter of request with your identification document copy (HKID etc.) attached and mail to the following address.
(4) Personal information acquired by the company by procedures such as disclosure requests, etc. shall be used for investigative procedures to verify the identity of applicants or their proxies, collect fees, and respond to requests for disclosure.
(5) Please be aware that applications will not be accepted, and disclosures will not be made under the following circumstances.
・the identity of the person or their agent cannot be verified
Under the following circumstances, if it is decided that a disclosure will not be made, notification of the reason is to be given. However, please be aware that even if a requested disclosure is not made, the fee will not be refunded.
・our company does not posses the information being requested, or it does not fall under the classification of personal information
|7. Contact Information|
Please direct any inquires regarding our company’s handling of personal information to: